mercredi 4 février 2015

Will Cinnamon ever dissolve?


I have this idea, that making a cinnamon, vanilla and brandy cocktail would be delicious, and it is. But it is also kinda grainy.


What I have been doing:


In a 500ml glass, add 15m brandy, add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder, add 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract, add a few tablespoons of suger (Still working that out). Then I stir it vigorously with a fork, and I top it with soda water.


This tastes good, but there are still grains of cinnamon visible, and when I get to the bottom of the glass I can feel them in my teeth (that is to say, there are more grains lower down -- they sink to the bottom maybe).



  • Is cinnamon soluble at all?

  • Is trying to put it into a liquid just not something I should do at home? (I have seen online cinnamon syrups)

  • Should i be trying to dissolve it in water instead of alcohol?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire