mardi 17 février 2015

Recipe Adjustments when you add a KitchenAide to your toolset


So I am wondering, what are the most common recipe adjustments needed when you add a kitchenaide mixer to your toolset? I recently added a kitchenaide to my kitchen on valentines day so that's the source of my question.


For instance, when making pie crust I used to just dice a stick of cold butter and slice that into 8 oz of flour adding water a drizzle at a time until I got the consistency I wanted, then I would roll that up into a ball.


The kitchenaide comes with a quick instruction book with simple recipes for the basics, and it's pie crust recipe is a bit different (more ingredients).


I was making pie crust for chicken pot pies, and halfway through I said...Hey, that's why I got a kitchenaide. I just tossed the whole unfinished mess into the mixing bowl and let the flat beater do it's job at speed 1. It seemed to work just fine and I rolled out perfect crusts.


So...what adjustments to my recipes do you think I can expect or do you think not too many at all?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire