jeudi 19 février 2015

Machine ground wheat flour vs hand ground wheat flour


My question is based on this concept:



The proteins (enzymes) denature at a specific temperature. This paper says that plant proteins denature at 50 - 60 degree celcius.



As far as my knowledge extends this denaturation happens rapidly if such high temperatures are attained.


That said, I have noticed in mills where wheat is ground, that the wheat flour is at a high temperature (due to rapid compression, I believe, which will cause the wheat to get powdered, correct me if I am wrong). Would this affect the enzymes in wheat and ultimately the flavor such wheat yields?


Is there any change in flavor when bread is made from slow, manual, hand-ground wheat flour?


Please point me toward any experiment done in this field! I am super curious!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire