dimanche 22 février 2015

What can I use instead of butter for Jamie Oliver's steak recipe?


Jamie Oliver had a steak recipe that was fairly simple:



  • Season (salt/pepper/olive oil)

  • Dry pan (no oil in the pan) on heat

  • Fry a minute+ on each side, flip several times

  • When browned, rub the outside with a clove of garlic, some rosemary, and a bit of butter and keep grilling on the pan

  • Rest, collect the juices, and use as sauce over the steak.


If I don't want to use the butter (or any diary product) for the above step, what else can I use in that rubbing step instead of the butter? What exactly does the butter rubbing do, what effect would there be if I skip that alltogether, and what can I do to preserve the effect?


He mentioned that you can add butter to the resting juices to sweeten them, but didn't explain what rubbing when grilling does.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire