lundi 23 février 2015

What temperature should "simmer" be for candying fruit?


I want to make Candied fruit more efficiently, and all the recipes I have found say basically "bring simple syrup to a boil, then lower to simmer with the fruit/peel in until translucent"


So my question is:


What temperature should the syrup be during the infusion phase?


I would like to use my SV machine and a zipock to take the guessing and hands on part out of this recipe, but don't know what to set this temperature to.


I found this: To what temperature should you take candied citrus peels?, but it doesn't give the actual answer :(


And I have seen this, (http://ift.tt/1BHQvul) but it has a chamber sealing step I can't do - so don't know how that affects the temp and time hold, if at all.


Thanks in advance for your advice!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire