samedi 14 février 2015

What is a reliable pepper mill that's readily available?


After someone posted a link to a hand-turned coffee grinder, I was reminded that I needed to replace my pepper mill. My third one in about seven years.


After reading the 1 thru 4 star (and skimmed 5 star) reviews of mills from $12-45, they often come down to the grinding mech wearing out quickly, the plastic around it somehow messing up, or something falling off while readding more pepper and rendering it nearly inoperable (which is my current predicament: some ring fell off during a refill, and now the knob that holds the top in place ends up dictating the grind coarseness loosens itself after 2-3 uses, and if you overtighten it, you get no pepper).


Any of you have any suggestions for good, long-lasting mills that you can still get (preferably in the $25-35 range, but could go a little bit higher)? Are those tall wooden ones any better/worse?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire