jeudi 5 février 2015

Distribution of heat using a silicone oven tray


I have recently bought a silicone oven sheet, which consists essentially of a thick sheet of silicone rubber stretched across a metal frame. It shrugs off grease and caramelised food, and it a joy from the point of view of maintenance, but I wonder if its different heat conductivity means that I need to use different techniques for some preparations?


So far I have used it only for items that need turning during baking, such as fish cakes, sausages and chips (fries), but my intuition tells me that it will have markedly different results on items like pizzas, pasties, and quiches, where the intention is to concentrate the heat so as to improve the bottom crust.


I intend to experiment, but I wonder if there is anyone here who already has some experience with this so as to save me spoiling perfectly good food in my tests.


Silicone Oven Tray





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire