jeudi 5 mars 2015

How do I fix my dough after I did not activate the yeast properly?


This is my first time making anything using yeast, but I decided to try making Dominique Ansel's At-Home Cronut recipe. Everything was going fine, but I realized that I had bought rapid-rise yeast instead of instant yeast. I tried subbing the rapid-rise anyways, using the same amount that was designated for the instant yeast. I added warm water and other liquid ingredients in order to activate the yeast, but instead of putting it in a warm moist place to rise I simply left it on my kitchen counter at room temperature. Now the dough has been sitting in my refrigerator since last night. I'd like to finish this tonight, but the dough didn't really rise for reasons that are now obvious to me. What is the best approach for salvaging this situation? I really don't want to start over since I need these cronuts for tomorrow, but I'm willing to go buy more yeast if I have to.


Would appreciate a reply on this ASAP so I can get moving on finishing this.


Thoughts? Thanks!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire