jeudi 26 mars 2015

Will it wreck the dish if I pre-soak beef in brine, and then slow roast with Marsala?


I've found that pre-soaking my beef in brine helps to break down the fibres, making the subsequent roast tender.


I've found a recipe for slow-roasting beef with Marsala. I'm wondering if I can combine the two, or if that will be a terrible idea.


My question is: Will it wreck the dish if I pre-soak beef in brine, and then slow roast with marsala?


Clarifications:



  1. This will be roasted in a ceramic dish, with a glass lid for eight hours.


enter image description here



  1. By 'wreck' I mean the saltiness of the brine is pleasant during eating, as is the sweetness of the Marsala. My concern is that the two tastes (salty and sweet) will clash, making the dish inedible.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire