mercredi 25 mars 2015

Lobster Death! Freezer vs. Alcohol


I love lobster but I must admit I am not very good at cooking it. I want to make this easier on my self by just adding the lobster to a flavorful broth. I've heard in the past that if you are going to boil lobster for best results you should purchase the lobster alive and keep it alive until you are ready to toss the lobster into the vessel of hot liquid.


Now the question at hand. I've been told that if you just toss the lobster into the hot liquid, the lobster suffers and tenses up making the meat chewy. Is this really true?


The two methods I've heard of prevent this.


First: Get the lobster drunk with alcohol.


Second: Throw the lobster into the freezer for 30 to 45 minutes before I throw the lobster into the hot liquid.


If these methods actually work, which one is better and why?


If the alcohol method is better, which alcohol should I use?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire