mercredi 14 janvier 2015

What are "fondi di carciofo" called in English (and what's the best way to cook them)?


I would like to know what the English name is for the Italian word fondo di carciofo is as I was not able to find it on the Internet. Basically, carciofo means artichoke and fondo means the bottom part (not the heart which in Italian is cuore, and not the stalk which in Italian is manico, although sometimes the stalk is included with the bottom part and sold together and such combination is very delicious indeed).


So, here is a picture of a bunch of fondi di carciofo from the Internet:


enter image description here


Here is the closest picture I could find on the Internet for the artichoke bottoms with stem, although the stem has been cut. Too bad I could not find a better picture, next time I go to the market I will take a picture and post it.


enter image description here


Anyways, here are my questions:




  1. What's the best/proper way to translate fondi di carciofi into English?




  2. What's the best way to cook these (I think the recipe where you cook them in a pot or in a pressure cooker with olive oil, garlic, and hot red pepper is the best, but I'm not sure)?




Thanks!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire