samedi 31 janvier 2015

Wok comparison for induction


My wok cooking has never turned out very well, which has been partially subpar equipment and partially lack of training and practice. I'm looking to get a wok to use with my induction cooktop, and need some guidance. I know it's better to be flat-bottomed for induction, but I don't understand the trade offs between tri-ply, cast iron, and carbon steel.



  • What are the differences regarding maintenance? Cleaning, seasoning, warping, etc.

  • How does it change the cooking experience? Heat up time, allowable/recommended temperatures, when to add oil, areas of the wok to use, better for one kind of recipe/oil or another, keeping food from sticking, other factors?


Basically, I'm trying to get the best results possible in the least time, but as a beginner in wok cooking, it's also important to me to minimize the probability of screwing it up.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire