vendredi 23 janvier 2015

How to dry out rehydrated dried mangos?


I have been making spiced dried mangoes lately by purchasing a package of dried mangoes, placing them into a bowl, splashing some lime juice on them, and then adding paprika, cayenne, ancho, and crushed red pepper.


While the process works nicely to get the spice in place, the acidity of the lime seems to rehydrate the mango pretty thoroughly. I have tried using as minimal of an amount as possible, but it doesn't seem to matter much if I drench it or use it sparingly.


Once the process is complete, I will leave the mangoes out in the open, however it can take several days for them to gain rigidity and stop being sticky to the touch from the lime juice.


How can I speed up the process of getting them back to the similar dried fruit nature they were when I purchased them without losing the new flavors?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire