jeudi 29 janvier 2015

Chicken curry in a slow cooker turns out watery


My first question on here, so please go easy on me.


I have recently got a slow cooker and have been very pleased with the results, but that was using ready-made sachets of cooking mixes.


I am now trying to cook things properly from scratch but I think I'm missing something important.


This is the recipe I have used for chicken curry:-



  • 4 chicken thighs

  • 3 garlic cloves

  • 2 large onions

  • 1 green pepper

  • 1 red pepper

  • handful chopped spinach

  • 100g mushrooms

  • 400g tin chopped tomatoes

  • 250ml chicken stock

  • 3 heaped tsp of curry spice


I put everything in the slow cooker, give it a good stir, and then leave it to cook. It tastes nice, but the sauce is very watery.


I have used the same recipe in a pan and the sauce thickens after I simmer it for about 20 mins.


Do I need to change the recipe to use the slow cooker? Or am I doing something fundamentally wrong?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire