vendredi 9 janvier 2015

Spicy margarita jelly not setting up


I made a spicy margarita jelly that hasn't set up after almost two weeks - even in the refrigerator it's still "loose." I don't have the exact measurements in front of me, but I soaked a scorpion pepper in tequila for about 2 hours. Then I added sugar, Cointreau, key lime juice (I didn't have lemon or lime), salt, and two packages of pectin. If I reprocess it and add more pectin, there's no guarantee it will thicken up properly. It is possible that the alcohol didn't boil off enough. I literally turned my back for 15 seconds on a non-boiling pot only to hear it boiling over - all over my glass top stove! All the burners were coated except the one with the canner firmly on it so I couldn't continue the boiling process. If I decide to reprocess it, should I try something other than pectin in it - like gelatin?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire