samedi 10 janvier 2015

Oiling wood handles


I'm new to the cooking industry - yay for new pads - and I have a question about oiling wooden utensils (or wooden handles on pots, for that matter).


The instructions state these should be oiled and I found this handy link here: Olive wood cooking utensils: Seasoning, care, and maintenance?, but sadly, I'd already oiled them with olive oil. Oops.


My questions so far are;


1) Is this going to be an issue in the future or can I just apply mineral oil when I have it and blissfully ignore my previous mistake?


2) The instructions (that came with the pots) also state that I should oil the wood, let it sit for 24 hours and then oil it again. The time between my oiling sessions exceeds 24 hours. Is this an issue?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire