lundi 5 janvier 2015

Flat Thai Panaeng Curry


Help! I have tried making Panang Curry several times at home with the canned premade paste(forgot the Brand name) and it just doesn't taste like the restaurant versions I've had. I fried the curry paste in the coconut cream off the top of the can, Chakoh brand, for a few minutes until the oil started to seperate, added my beef, carrots, and additional coconut milk and simmered it until the beef cooked. Seasoned with kaffir lime leaves, salt and palm sugar. I tasted the curry as it was cooking and the flavor was decent, but after serving it over the rice, it seems the curry flavor was flat or muted.... Also, what was a nice creamy sauce with the beads of orange oil floating on top became dry and stuck to the rice, it seems like the sauce of the curry just dried up (and the rice wasn't undercooked). What am I doing wrong? I'm aware that making my own curry paste is an option, but until I can master the process of cooking a decent curry with premade paste, I don't want to invest the time and effort into homemade pastes. Thanks!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire