dimanche 21 décembre 2014

What is the best temperature for the soft-ball stage?


I want to make peanut butter fudge. My dad can make it perfect by just eyeballing it and dropping a spoonful in cold water to know when it is just right. but I have never been able to do it that way. I have also tried it using a candy thermometer, and i know the soft-ball stage is between 235 deg and 245 deg, but it always seems to come out grainy. I also know that the outside/inside temperature plays a role in how it turns out as well. I make several batches of caramels every December and they turn out great using my thermometer when cooked to 239 deg, sometimes they are a little softer than other times, but always within reason.


Can anyone tell me the best temperature to shoot for with a thermometer for peanut butter fudge?


Debbie





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire