mercredi 3 décembre 2014

Selecting a big joint of meat to cook without an oven


I've got slightly overstretched on a Christmas dinner party and the guestlist has hit 25 people! I'm going to do a roast turkey and the usual trimmings (traditional to the UK, American friends; think thanksgiving meal). However its occurred to me that I won't be able to buy a turkey that serves that many people (or fit it in my oven). So I'm going to need to do another joint of meat. Normally this is no problem, I'd grab a nice big joint and slow roast it. However in this instance I won't have the use of my oven as this great big turkey will take up most of the space on the day itself. Even once the turkey is resting my oven will be full with other vegetables.


So I'm looking for ideas for a joint of meat I can cook either in advance, or not in my oven. My main criteria are:



  • Serves at least 10-15 people

  • Need to be able to order in a Halal butchers

  • No poultry (already got a turkey), no pork (see above)

  • Not too pricey, I don't mind investing in quality but I can't afford to drop £100s on prime beef


Additional equipment I have:



  • Gas hob

  • Slow cooker

  • Outdoor smoker (I could maybe smoke something in the days before, but can't rely on the day in case of bad weather)





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire