mardi 16 décembre 2014

Saute Pan - Non stick - non toxic (no PTFE or PFOA)


I'm looking to buy a saute pan.


After hours of researching, I summarised the following (please correct me if I'm wrong):



  • with non stick coating, there are 2 types PTFE and ceramic

  • PTFE can be toxic is overheated (over 500 degrees)

  • PFOA is a way when they coat PTFE

  • Ceramic can fail after 6-12 months


Please correct me if any of the above are incorrect.


So my questions are:



  1. If I want 100% non-toxic, I'll have to go with ceramic?

  2. I have been searching for a saute pan, and I can hardly find one say ceramic coating, Most of them says PFOA free (but I believe they are still PTFE coated?)

  3. can someone please suggest me a good branded ceramic saute pan? (I'm in Australia, good if the brand exist in Aus, if not I can buy it from overseas and have it shipped)


Thanks heaps!!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire