lundi 22 décembre 2014

How to make "salt-crust-baked" chicken?


A while back I heard mention of a way to bake/roast chicken that supposedly would make it very good and juicy. Unfortunately I didn't get the details, so I haven't dared try it myself. I was wondering if someone here had done this or something similar, and could describe the methode (especially temperature and timing) to me - and confirm that this actually work and give a good result.


The idea was to take a whole (or half would do?) chicken (I assumed plucked, cleaned and ready for cooking), and cover it with salt! You would basically take lots of salt and add a little water, so you got a thick "goo" of salt. Then you would cover the chicken with this salt-goo in a thick layer. Then you would put the salt-goo covered chicken in the oven to bake. In the oven, the salt-goo would become a thick salt-crust, that would trap in the moisture. When finished, you just crack the salt-crust open.


Does this actually work?! I can't help but thinking that the result would be a very salty chicken...





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire